During the Prepared Public Speaking Leadership Development Event (LDE), students write and deliver a six to eight-minute speech about a current agriculture-related topic.
Students research a topic of interest and then put together a creative, informative speech. The speech is then presented to a panel of judges, who score the student based on the speech’s content, composition and delivery.
2017 NATIONAL TOP PARTICIPANT WINNER
Mason FFA, Michigan
The RFD-TV television network will once again broadcast live from Indianapolis at the National FFA Convention & Expo.
Leave room in your bags for this year's FFA Mega Store Must-Haves at the national convention and expo.
This comprehensive partnership focuses on introducing the most cutting-edge technology and innovative approaches available to FFA members.
Awards and Recognition Advisory Committee
- Two business and industry representatives
- Two members, who are agricultural education instructors
- Two members, who are state staff
- Two members who are teacher educators
- One student member
- One student member of the National FFA Alumni Council
- One member who is an awards program superintendent