During the Prepared Public Speaking Leadership Development Event (LDE), students write and deliver a six to eight-minute speech about a current agriculture-related topic.
Students research a topic of interest and then put together a creative, informative speech. The speech is then presented to a panel of judges, who score the student based on the speech’s content, composition and delivery.
2018 NATIONAL TOP PARTICIPANT WINNER
Trenton FFA, Florida
Past national FFA officers serve on prepared public speaking committee in honor of their fellow officer Jeff Rudd.
Your future career depends, in part, on the first impression you make on a hiring manager.
Awards and Recognition Advisory Committee
- Two business and industry representatives
- Two members, who are agricultural education instructors
- Two members, who are state staff
- Two members who are teacher educators
- One student member
- One student member of the National FFA Alumni Council
- One member who is an awards program superintendent