FFA makes a positive difference in the lives of students by developing their potential for premier leadership, personal growth and career success through agricultural education.
Students whose lives are impacted by FFA and agricultural education will achieve academic and personal growth, strengthen American agriculture and provide leadership to build healthy local communities, a strong nation and a sustainable world.
Integrity, Service, Innovation, Growth, Respect, Teamwork, Transparency and Balance
- The culture of the National FFA is exemplified by our internal values.
- Integrity – We expect honesty, trust and compassion
- Service– We instill a sense of service in our people
- Innovation– We create solutions that make the most of our resources and opportunities
- Growth – We promote personal and professional development
- Respect – We respect the human worth and dignity of all people
- Teamwork – We model collaboration and value individual contribution
- Transparency – We communicate openly and welcome feedback
- Balance – We support work-life balance
- These values guide us as we do great work supporting agricultural education throughout the country.
- The National FFA Organization affirms its belief in the value of all human beings and seeks diversity in its membership, leadership and staff as an equal opportunity employer.
Employee Benefits and Development
Below is a summary of benefits offered to National FFA Center employees:
- Health Insurance – Eligible employees are offered the choice between enrolling in a PPO or a High-Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) with a Health Savings Account (HSA). If an employee chooses to participate, the National FFA will pay a portion of the premium cost of the plan on the employee’s behalf, and the remaining portion of the premium cost will be paid by the employee through payroll deduction each pay. Coverage is effective on the employee’s first day of employment.
- Dental Insurance – Eligible employees are offered dental insurance on a pre-tax basis. If an employee chooses to participate, the National FFA will pay a portion of the premium cost of this plan on the employee’s behalf, and the remaining portion of the premium cost will be paid by the employee through payroll deduction each pay. Coverage is effective on the first of the month following the employee’s start date.
- Vision Insurance – Eligible employees are offered vision insurance on a pre-tax basis. If an employee chooses to participate, the National FFA will pay a portion of the premium cost of this plan on the employee’s behalf, and the remaining portion of the premium cost will be paid by the employee through payroll deduction each pay. Coverage is effective on the first of the month following the employee’s start date.
- Flexible Spending Account- The National FFA offers a flexible spending account program for eligible employees, enabling employees to pay medical expenses and certain other health-related costs, as well as dependent care expenses, with pre-tax dollars within IRS limits.
- Life Insurance- The National FFA provides group term life insurance for eligible employees at two and one half times an employee’s annual salary to a maximum of $250,000 beginning on the first day of employment. Additional amounts of life insurance on the employee, their spouse and/or their dependents are available.
- Holidays- The National FFA is closed on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Post-National FFA Convention (Monday after Convention), Thanksgiving Day and the day after, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. In addition, the National FFA Center is closed from December 26th through January 1st. For eligible employees, all holidays and the December closure are paid time off.
- Retirement Plans- Effective with the employee’s hire date, eligible employees may have payroll deductions made into an individual 403b account, up to the IRS limits. The organization will provide matching funds up to 5% of the employee’s contribution. A defined contribution plan (discretionary contribution by the National FFA) is also in effect for eligible employees.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)- The National FFA offers eligible employees paid time off or PTO that accrue on a per-pay basis.
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Work Hours
- Professional Development
The National FFA is located in the Northwest corner of Indianapolis, IN. Indianapolis is a fast-growing city that offers something for everyone. From world-class motorsports to a bustling arts scene to amazing activities for families, Indianapolis is a great place to live and work.
Follow the links below to find out more about the diverse activities that Indianapolis has to offer: