The Farm and Agribusiness Management Career Development Event (CDE) helps students learn business skills and apply economic principles to agricultural businesses. By competing, participants demonstrate their ability to analyze agricultural business management information, apply economic principles and concepts of business management, evaluate business management decisions and work together cooperatively as a team.
This team CDE requires four members to collaborate through decision-making and problem analysis skills to reach a final written or oral report. Additionally, each team participant completes an individual written activity. The four team members’ scores plus the team activity score count toward the total team score.
Students competing in this event gain a wide appreciation of farm and agribusiness practices, ranging from business structure to succession planning and from cost concepts to risk management.
Awards and Recognition Advisory Committee
- Two business and industry representatives
- Two members, who are agricultural education instructors
- Two members, who are state staff
- Two members who are teacher educators
- One student member
- One student member of the National FFA Alumni Council
- One member who is an awards program superintendent