Participants in the Agricultural Issues Forum Leadership Development Event (LDE) research the pros and cons of an agricultural issue and present their findings to a panel of judges.
This team LDE challenges students to investigate a variety of current local, state, national and international issues facing agriculture through classroom instruction. Students then demonstrate through portfolio, presentation and questioning an understanding of the principles and fundamentals of agricultural issue analysis.
Communication, leadership and teamwork skills are critical to event success. This event connects agriculture students with professionals in the industry as they research, present and then understand complicated issues facing the agricultural landscape – making it especially attractive to students with an interest in agricultural policy, law and international relations.
2018 NATIONAL TEAM EVENT WINNER
Kingfisher FFA, Oklahoma
Awards and Recognition Advisory Committee
- Two business and industry representatives
- Two members, who are agricultural education instructors
- Two members, who are state staff
- Two members who are teacher educators
- One student member
- One student member of the National FFA Alumni Council
- One member who is an awards program superintendent