Through participation in the Dairy Cattle Handlers Activity, students learn to work with others in a way that is cooperative, courteous and helpful while demonstrating effective dairy handling skills.
Students in this activity present animals for evaluation as part of the Dairy Cattle Management and Evaluation Career Development Event. Handlers earn recognition for their ability to set up their assigned animal to its best advantage, maintain the animal in its most advantageous post, exhibit effective restraint and move the animal as requested by the event ringmaster. Each state is allowed just one participant in this activity.
Poise, calmness and a positive attitude play a significant role in gaining success in the Dairy Cattle Handlers Activity.
2018 NATIONAL TOP PARTICIPANT WINNER
Charlotte FFA, Michigan
FFA members explored Army careers related to food, technology and veterinary science.
Awards and Recognition Advisory Committee
- Two business and industry representatives
- Two members, who are agricultural education instructors
- Two members, who are state staff
- Two members who are teacher educators
- One student member
- One student member of the National FFA Alumni Council
- One member who is an awards program superintendent