2016 National FFA Scholarship Program Dates
- Nov. 15, 2015 application opens
- Nov. 23, 2015 advisor approval process begins
*Feb. 2, 2016 (11:59 p.m. EST application closes)
*Feb. 9, 2016 Signature page must be postmarked and mailed
Once the advisor approves the scholarship the option to print the signature page will appear on the student's application.
Interested in scholarships?
To apply, ALL scholarship applicants MUST:
- Be a high school senior or currently enrolled in college
- Be less than 23 years of age at time of application (February 1)
- Be current FFA members unless otherwise stated
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Must have Social Security Number to claim scholarships
- Plan to attend post-secondary school in the U.S.
- Be a full-time student
- Currently enrolled and actively attending classes
- Minimum 12 credit hours if enrolled in a post-secondary institution
- Have or create an FFA.org account
Under no circumstances should a student apply twice at the same grade level.
Students may receive one scholarship as a high school senior and one while in college for a maximum of two scholarships during their academic career. Students who have already received two scholarships through this program are not eligible to apply.
The National FFA Scholarship Program
In 2015, the National FFA Organization awarded $2.7 million in scholarships designed to fit the diversity of our applicants.
Scholarships are sponsored by businesses and individuals through the National FFA Foundation and are given for a wide variety of experiences, career goals and higher education plans.
The selection process takes into account the whole student - FFA involvement, work experience, Supervised Agricultural Experience (SAE), community service, leadership skills and academics.
More than 1,800 scholarships are available.
Click here for details and a list of 2016 sponsors.
Not an FFA Member? Don't Worry!
In 2016, America's Farmers Grow Ag Leaders (presented by Monsanto Fund), Dean Foods, Iowa Interstate Railroad Ltd., National Mastitis Council and Rose Acre Farms will offer scholarships available to non-FFA members. Check scholarship catalog descriptions to see if you qualify.
FFA uses one online application for members and non-members. Applicants will be directed to the appropriate questions based on membership response.
Office hours are 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. EST, Monday - Friday.