We’re committed to the health and safety of everyone involved with FFA. Below, we’re sharing some updates about how National FFA Organization is handling the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
National FFA Organization approach
Our organization has processes and policies in place to monitor, plan and act for situations such as COVID-19. Our focus is to protect the safety of our members, advisors, staff and stakeholders while caring for the long-term health of our organization. We’re committed to assisting state and chapter organizations as they navigate this uncertain period.
Affected operations and events
We continue to analyze and make decisions in line with our approach and commitments. To date, our actions include:
National FFA Convention & Expo (Oct. 28-31)
The National FFA Organization will host the 93rd National FFA Convention & Expo as a virtual experience this fall on multiple outlets. This decision, recommended by National FFA staff and affirmed by the National FFA Board of Directors, is due to the many challenges created by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Washington Leadership Conference canceled for 2020 (all sessions)
- State Officer Summit to be hosted virtually
- New Century Farmer canceled for 2020
- Alumni and Supporter Regional Development Conferences are postponed or will operate virtually
National FFA Organization operations
- Temporary closure of National FFA Center in Indianapolis to visitors
- Remote work for all National FFA staff and officers
- Indefinite suspension of business travel
Adapted programs and opportunities
The National FFA Board of Directors, the National FFA Officer Team and our staff have taken steps to assist our membership and state and local leadership. Extension and leniency have been applied to key deadlines and official business operations of chartered state organizations. Additionally, comprehensive guides to free resources for virtual and distance learning have been established for all educators.
Student members now also have the opportunity to participate in the Living To Serve Chapter Challenge on an individual basis.
Merchandise distribution center status
Effective Monday, May 4, the National FFA Organization / Shop FFA merchandise distribution center in Van Wert, Ohio, has reopened. Orders are being processed in order of receipt. Expedited shipping may be unavailable.
The Shop FFA online store and our customer service call center (1-888-332-2668, option #1) continue to operate as staff work remotely.
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) — Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Prevention and Treatment, Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) — Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 Information for Travel — Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Travel Health Notices — Centers for Disease Control and Prevention