Why You Should Attend The New Century Farmer Conference
During this intensive five-day conference, July 8-14, 2018 in Des Moines, IA, you will network with industry experts, presenters and other aspiring farmers while attending a series of workshops and sessions discussing topics ranging from the global marketplace to farm financing, consumer trends and managing risk.
Some of the things you will take away:
- Explore new farm business opportunities and develop new business alliances with other producers.
- Create a vision statement for your operation.
- Discover how producers can profit from value-added products and the use of technology.
- Study behavioral changes that enable young producers to overcome common challenges they will face.
- Gain an understanding of how banks view your operation.
Is New Century Farmer for You?
Our attendees should:
- Be currently attending or a recent graduate (within six months) of a two- or four-year college or university and be between the ages of 18-24.
- Have experience in the field of production agriculture.
- Demonstrate plans to return to a career in production agriculture through work experience, training or other activities including but not limited to academic classes, FFA involvement and/or SAE projects.
- Be a current or former FFA member, or a member of the National FFA Alumni Association.
- Here’s an idea of
who attended in 2017.
How to Apply
The application process for the 2018 program will open Dec. 15, 2017 at 8 a.m. EST. and all applications must be completed by Feb. 15, 2018 at 5 p.m. EST.
Step by Step Process:
- Prepare before starting the application by reading the
Application Rubric and
- Login to FFA.org –
How to create an account.
Complete the application.
NOTE: YOUR APPLICATION IS NOT VALID UNTIL YOU HAVE SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED THE ENTIRE PROCESS AND RECEIVED AN EMAIL CONFIRMATION.