For students interested in science and research.
The National FFA Agriscience Fair recognizes students who gain real-world, hands-on experiences in agricultural enterprises. Students use scientific principles and emerging technologies to solve complex problems related to agriculture, food, and natural resources. The agriscience fair is for middle and high school students. Participation begins at the local level and progresses to state and national levels.
CATEGORIES AND DIVISIONS
National FFA Agriscience Fair participants are FFA members in grades 7-12 that were selected as a winner as their state’s agriscience fair. The participants must conduct a scientific research project pertaining to the agriculture and food science industries and present their findings to a panel of judges with a display and a report.
Agriscience Fair Categories
Students can compete in the national agriscience fair in one of six categories:
- Animal Systems
- Environmental Services/Natural Resource Systems
- Food Products and Processing Systems
- Plant Systems
- Power, Structural and Technical Systems
- Social Science
Agriscience Fair Divisions
Students can compete in the national agriscience fair as an individual or with a team:
- 1 – Individual member in grades 7 and 8
- 2 – Team of two members in grades 7 and 8
- 3 – Individual member in grades 9 and 10
- 4 – Team of two members in grades 9 and 10
- 5 – Individual member in grades 11 and 12
- 6 – Team of two members in grades 11 and 12