Living to Serve Grants provide an opportunity for FFA chapters (middle school, high school or alumni/collegiate) and state FFA associations/foundations to seek funding to support various types of service projects through a competitive application process.
Applicants must identify a community need that falls within one of four focus areas.
- Community Safety: Addresses concerns regarding the safety of community members and the preparation, response and recovery efforts that relate to emergency preparedness and natural disasters.
- Hunger, Health and Nutrition: Addresses unmet food insecurity needs, increasing physical activity and improving healthy habits to promote physical and mental well-being of the community.
- Environmental Responsibility: Addresses issues regarding air and water quality, energy and water efficiency, at-risk ecosystems and conservation to protect and sustain the natural systems upon which all life depends.
- Community Engagement: Addresses matters related to heritage and traditions, connections between community members and civic responsibility throughout the community.
Grants are available for projects based on duration and scope:
Provides middle/high school FFA chapters with up to $3,000 to support a service-learning project that spans an entire school year.
Provides middle/high school FFA chapters with up to $1,200 per semester to implement a service-learning project in their community for one semester.
Provides alumni or middle/high school chapters with up to $400 to conduct a one-time service event.
Living to Serve Grants Application Dates
|Application Type||Application Open||Application Due||Award Notification|
|Yearlong Living to Serve Grant||April 15, 2018||June 15, 2018||August 1, 2018|
|Fall Semester- Long Living to Serve Grant||August 1, 2018||September 1, 2018||September 15, 2018|
|Spring Semester-Long Living to Serve Grant||January 1, 2019||February 1, 2019||February 15, 2019|
|Day of Service Mini-Grant||Always Open||First of Each Month||August 15, 2018|
- Day of Service Mini-Grants – Due the first day of each month.The date of the service event will determine when best to apply. Use this table to identify when to submit an application.
- Yearlong Living to Serve Grant – Due June 15, 2018
In a matter of minutes, California's most deadly fire changed the realities of thousands of residents. That's when FFA members went into action.
Members of David Crockett FFA built eight raised garden beds in a remote, empty field.