Living to Serve Grants provide an opportunity for FFA chapters (middle school, high school or alumni/collegiate) and state FFA associations/foundations to seek funding to support various types of service projects through a competitive application process.
Applicants must identify a community need that falls within one of four focus areas.
- Community Safety: Addresses concerns regarding the safety of community members and the preparation, response and recovery efforts that relate to emergency preparedness and natural disasters.
- Hunger, Health and Nutrition: Addresses unmet food insecurity needs, increasing physical activity and improving healthy habits to promote physical and mental well-being of the community.
- Environmental Responsibility: Addresses issues regarding air and water quality, energy and water efficiency, at-risk ecosystems and conservation to protect and sustain the natural systems upon which all life depends.
- Community Engagement: Addresses matters related to heritage and traditions, connections between community members and civic responsibility throughout the community.
Grants are available for projects based on duration and scope:
Provides middle/high school FFA chapters with up to $3,000 to support a service-learning project that spans an entire school year.
Provides middle/high school FFA chapters with up to $1,200 per semester to implement a service-learning project in their community for one semester.
Provides alumni or middle/high school chapters with up to $400 to conduct a one-time service event.
Living to Serve Grants Application Dates
|Application Type||Application Open||Application Due||Award Notification|
|Yearlong Living to Serve Grant||April 15, 2018||June 15, 2018||August 1, 2018|
|Fall Semester- Long Living to Serve Grant||August 1, 2018||September 1, 2018||September 15, 2018|
|Spring Semester-Long Living to Serve Grant||January 1, 2019||February 1, 2019||February 15, 2019|
|Day of Service Mini-Grant||Always Open||First of Each Month||August 15, 2018|
- Day of Service Mini-Grants – Due the first day of each month.The date of the service event will determine when best to apply. Use this table to identify when to submit an application.
- Yearlong Living to Serve Grant – Due June 15, 2018