Grants for Growing (G4G) is a competitive grant program for middle and high school FFA chapters that are developing and improving project-based or experiential learning opportunities for students. FFA chapters may apply for up to $5,000 through the G4G program, sponsored by Tractor Supply Company (TSC).
Funding is provided by consumers who purchase $1 paper emblems at TSC stores during checkout.
Grants for Growing Program Overview
The Grants for Growing program will feature a new scope and timeline for 2020. FFA chapter advisors can apply for funding to support one of three areas: Grow Your Classroom, Grow Your FFA Chapter, or Grow Your Ag Awareness. Check back for more information coming soon.
FFA chapters are encouraged to partner with their local Tractor Supply Company (TSC) stores to raise awareness of and assist with fundraising for the FFA Paper Emblem program. All in-store and online funds donated by TSC customers support this grant.
2020-21 Program Timeline
Feb. 19 – March 3
Grants for Growing Fundraising Period During National FFA Week
Grants for Growing Application Opens
Grants for Growing Application Closes
How do I apply?
When the application becomes available, there will be a button that will direct you to the application.
Please Note: Currently, we do not offer single sign-on with your FFA.org username and password. Applicants will need to register an email to start an application for the first time. We recommend using your email and password from FFA.org, so it is easy to remember.
FUNDRAISING AND ENGAGEMENT
The fundraising period for the TSC paper emblem program will take place Feb. 19 – March 3, during FFA week. During this timeframe FFA chapters are encouraged to participate in their local TSC store or utilize on-line resources to boost the sales of the paper emblems. However, participation is not a requirement to receive funding through the Grants for Growing program.
Below are some examples of how your FFA chapter can participate:
- Act as a Greeter as customers enter the TSC store
- Host an in-store booth with information about the importance of Agriculture Education
- Help pack items at the register and transport to the customers vehicle
- Host a petting zoo to provide an agriculture experience for customers
- Hold a bake sale with proceeds supporting FFA chapter activities
- Use social media to promote FFA Week and the FFA Paper Emblem Sales. Be sure to tag your posts!
- Facebook:@TractorSupplyCo, @NationalFFA
- Instagram: TractorSupply, NationalFFA
- Twitter: @TractorySupply, @NationalFFA
- Hashtags: #GrantsforGrowing, #NationalFFA, #TractorSupplyCo, #FFAJustOne
- Text family and friends and encourage them to visit their local TSC store and purchase an FFA Paper Emblem to support Grants for Growing
- Use the school’s website to encourage the school and community to participate in the FFA Paper Emblem sale during FFA Week