Grants for Growing (G4G) is a competitive grant program for middle and high school FFA chapters that are developing and improving project-based or experiential learning opportunities for students. FFA chapters may apply for up to $5,000 through the G4G program, sponsored by Tractor Supply Company (TSC).
Funding is provided by consumers who purchase $1 paper emblems at TSC stores during checkout.
Grants for Growing Program Overview
Grants for Growing provides funding to support one of three areas:
- Grow Your Classroom — Funding can be used to support increasing students’ classroom knowledge.
- Grow Your FFA Chapter — Funding can be used to support the development or expansion of an FFA chapter and leadership opportunities.
- Grow Your Ag Awareness — Funding can be used to support the development or expansion of an agricultural literacy event or campaign.
FFA chapters can develop projects in one of these areas. To learn more, read the Grants for Growing FAQ for Chapters.
2020 Program Timeline
Feb. 19 – March 1
Grants for Growing Fundraising Period During National FFA Week
Grants for Growing Application Opens
Grants for Growing Application Closes
How do I apply?
To access the Grants for Growing application, you must have an FFA.org username and password.
If you are having issues signing in, email membership@FFA.org or call membership services, 888-332-2268, option 3.
If you are a school employee or community partner assisting with an application, you will need to create a nonmember account (learn how here).
FUNDRAISING AND ENGAGEMENT
The fundraising period for the TSC paper emblem program will take place Feb. 19 – March 3, during FFA week. During this timeframe FFA chapters are encouraged to participate in their local TSC store or utilize on-line resources to boost the sales of the paper emblems. However, participation is not a requirement to receive funding through the Grants for Growing program.
Below are some examples of how your FFA chapter can participate:
- Act as a Greeter as customers enter the TSC store
- Host an in-store booth with information about the importance of Agriculture Education
- Help pack items at the register and transport to the customers vehicle
- Host a petting zoo to provide an agriculture experience for customers
- Hold a bake sale with proceeds supporting FFA chapter activities
- Use social media to promote FFA Week and the FFA Paper Emblem Sales. Be sure to tag your posts!
- Facebook:@TractorSupplyCo, @NationalFFA
- Instagram: TractorSupply, NationalFFA
- Twitter: @TractorySupply, @NationalFFA
- Hashtags: #GrantsforGrowing, #NationalFFA, #TractorSupplyCo, #FFAJustOne
- Text family and friends and encourage them to visit their local TSC store and purchase an FFA Paper Emblem to support Grants for Growing
- Use the school’s website to encourage the school and community to participate in the FFA Paper Emblem sale during FFA Week