At 211°, water is extremely hot, but just one more degree gets us to the next level: the boiling point. 212° – the temperature at which water boils – focuses on taking students to the boiling point of leadership. This conference focuses on the development of the individual student. Students will be challenged to push the limits of their leadership. Themes for this conference include virtues and growth, allowing students to attend in two consecutive years without seeing the same curriculum. This conference is designed for seventh – 10th-grade students.
The theme for the 2019-20 212° is Growth. The objectives of this conference are:
- Determining the role personal habits play in personal growth
- Combining creative and critical thinking skills to solve problems
- Interpreting controllable factors contributing to self-image
- Assessing personal fitness and dietary habits
- Differentiating between professional and personal relationships
- Identifying a mentor/coach
The 212° and 360° conferences are designed to provide flexibility in the delivery of these conferences. Flexibility is offered through curriculum purchasing options, delivery methods and the length of the conference. More information can be found in the Conference Planning Guide in the Event Resources folder.
TITLE EVENT SPONSORS
More than 100 North Carolina high school and college students attended a land stewardship conference in Greensboro, N.C., on April 1 at Wrangler's headquarters.