In today's global economy, farming is an exciting, fast-paced and high-tech career. The New Century Farmer conference helps students develop their careers in production agriculture by providing them with an opportunity to advance their:
- Entrepreneurial Leadership
- Practical Knowledge
- Global Perspective
- Continuous Personal Growth
The 2017 New Century Farmer Conference will be held July 16-22, 2017, in Des Moines, Iowa.
How to Apply
Who Can Apply
New Century Farmer is an exclusive, highly competitive program.
- Candidates must be currently attending or a recent graduate (within six months) of a two- or four-year college or university as well as be between the ages of 18-24.
- Candidates must have experience in the field of production agriculture.
- Candidates must demonstrate plans to return to a career in production agriculture through work experience, training or other activities including but not limited to academic classes, FFA involvement and/or SAE projects.
- Candidates must be a former FFA member, a current Collegiate FFA member, or a member of the National FFA Alumni Association.
Deadline: All applications must be completed by Feb. 15, 2017, at 5 p.m. EST.
NOTE: Your application is not valid until you have successfully completed the entire process and received an email confirmation.
About the Conference
During the intensive five-day conference in Des Moines, Iowa, participants will network with industry experts, presenters and each other. They will attend a series of workshops and sessions discussing topics ranging from the global marketplace to farm financing, consumer trends and managing risk.
The participants will:
- Discover how producers can profit from value-added products and the use of technology.
- Explore new farm business opportunities and develop new business alliances with other producers.
- Study behavioral changes that enable young producers to overcome common challenges they will face.
- Grow personally and professionally.
- Establish a network with a select group of business professionals excited about production agriculture.
- Gain an understanding of how banks view your operation.
- Create a vision statement for your operation.