In today's global economy, farming is an exciting, fast-paced and high-tech career. The New Century Farmer conference helps students develop their careers in production agriculture by providing them with an opportunity to advance their:
- Entrepreneurial Leadership
- Practical Knowledge
- Global Perspective
- Continuous Personal Growth
The 2016 New Century Farmer Conference will be held July 10-16, 2016, in Des Moines, Iowa.
LIVE for 2016!
Please note that all applications must be submitted on or before Tuesday, March 1, 2016.
How to Apply
Who Can Apply
New Century Farmer is an exclusive, highly competitive program.
- Candidates must be currently attending or a recent graduate (within six months) of a two- or four-year college or university as well as be between the ages of 18-24.
- Candidates must have experience in the field of production agriculture.
- Candidates must demonstrate plans to return to a career in production agriculture through work experience, training or other activities including but not limited to academic classes, FFA involvement and/or SAE projects.
- Candidates must be a former FFA member, a current Collegiate FFA member, or a member of the National FFA Alumni Association.
Deadline: All applications must be completed by Mar. 1, 2016, at 5 p.m. EST.
NOTE: Your application is not valid until you have successfully completed the entire process and received an email confirmation.
About the Conference
During the intensive five-day conference in Des Moines, Iowa, participants will network with industry experts, presenters and each other. They will attend a series of workshops and sessions discussing topics ranging from the global marketplace to farm financing, consumer trends and managing risk.
The participants will:
- Discover how producers can profit from value-added products and the use of technology.
- Explore new farm business opportunities and develop new business alliances with other producers.
- Study behavioral changes that enable young producers to overcome common challenges they will face.
- Grow personally and professionally.
- Establish a network with a select group of business professionals excited about production agriculture.
- Gain an understanding of how banks view your operation.
- Create a vision statement for your operation.