In today's global economy, farming is an exciting, fast-paced and high-tech career. The New Century Farmer conference helps students develop their careers in production agriculture by providing them with an opportunity to advance their:
- Entrepreneurial Leadership
- Practical Knowledge
- Global Perspective
- Continuous Personal Growth
The 2015 New Century Farmer conference will be held July 12-18, 2015, in Des Moines, Iowa.
Meet the 2015 class of New Century Farmer Participants.
How to Apply
New Century Farmer is an exclusive, highly competitive program.
Apply now for 2015.
- Candidates must be currently attending or a recent graduate (within six months) of a two- or four-year college or university as well as be between the ages of 18-23.
- Candidates must have experience in the field of production agriculture.
- Candidates must demonstrate plans to return to a career in production agriculture through work experience, training or other activities including but not limited to academic classes, FFA involvement and/or SAE projects.
- Candidates must be a former FFA member, a current Collegiate FFA member, or a member of the National FFA Alumni Association.
New Century Farmer FAQ
Deadline: All applications must be completed by Feb. 15, 2015, at 5 p.m. EST.
NOTE: Your application is not valid until you have successfully completed the entire process and received a printable confirmation page and an email confirmation.
During the intensive five-day conference in Des Moines, Iowa, participants will network with industry experts, presenters and each other. They will attend a series of workshops and sessions discussing topics ranging from the global marketplace to farm financing, consumer trends and managing risk.
The participants will:
- Discover how producers can profit from value-added products and the use of technology.
- Explore new farm business opportunities and develop new business alliances with other producers.
- Study behavioral changes that enable young producers to overcome common challenges they will face.
- Grow personally and professionally.
- Establish a network with a select group of business professionals excited about production agriculture.
- Gain an understanding of how banks view your operation.
- Create a vision statement for your operation.
It's not all work though. Participants also:
- Participate in a leadership/team-building ropes course.
- Take part in field and operation tours.
- Burn some energy at an indoor sports complex.
- Tour the Pioneer campus.
- Enjoy a banquet at the Meredith building, home of
This conference is sponsored by DuPont Pioneer, Case IH, CSX Corporation and Farm Credit with media partner Successful Farming as a special project of the National FFA Foundation.