How Do I Register For the 2014 Proficiency & Stars Travel Seminar?
Registering is conducted via an online process. There is a lot of information
needed to complete the registration. Be sure to follow the sequential steps
listed below and read the appropriate preparation documents before registering.
- Review the “Costa
Rica list of registration questions” document in preparation to register
- Read the
Proficiency & Stars Travel Seminar Registration FAQ prior to registering
- Use the link and registration code you were emailed to complete the
- Download and complete the “required
signature documents” – these documents must be completed and mailed with
a postmark date no later than February 1, 2014.
- Apply for
your U.S. Passport
2013 Proficiency and Stars Travel Seminar participants
The Costa Rica Proficiency and Stars Travel Seminar empowers FFA leaders by providing them with a global perspective. Through this experience, participants gain knowledge by visiting farms and agribusinesses.
- Allow participants to develop a global perspective
and become more culturally aware of the diversity in agriculture around
- Increase awareness about the ever-changing global market-place.
- Connect global industry leaders with FFA members for internship and employment opportunities
- Empower participants with global knowledge, making
them better able to share intercultural messages to
- FFA members in their home state.
- Create a sense of community with people of other
cultures and those involved in agriculture.
This travel seminar is available to proficiency finalists and star finalists. All star finalists are eligible to participate. For each proficiency area only one finalist may go. If there is more than one applicant, the selection process will be made after proficiency judging at the National FFA Convention.
The 2014 Proficiency & Stars Travel Seminar to Costa Rica will be June 12-20.