National FFA Educational Resources
National FFA provides many FREE resources for your chapter and classroom. Whether you need lesson plans, video or even ideas to help students choose an SAE, you'll find them on this page. Bookmark it so it's easy for you to find or look for "Free Resources" in your instructors toolbox.
This educational platform is designed to deliver the FFA mission online to every student in every classroom, every day. There are three webpages (Explore, Build and Connect) with an area for teachers and an area for students.
- Teacher section - offers lesson plans, current event articles, chapter resources and supervised agricultural experience (SAE) resources.
- Student section - features leadership videos, quizzes and other resources to help prepare a student for career success.
This platform allows students to explore more than 250 unique careers in agriculture. Students are matched with careers after taking a career finder assessment. They can then search through career profiles in the nine career focus areas. Virtual field trips to agriculture-based companies are also offered live and on demand with educator’s guides.
This interactive resource walks students step-by-step through creating a professional resume. The resumes are exported in various formats (Word, PDF, Plain Text, Open Office XML, and OpenDocument Format).
“Habitudes: The Art of Telling Our Story” is offered free to teachers. This resource engages students in advocacy and leadership development through a series of images and discussions.
These are updated PDF versions of the current SAE cards offered in the FFA Gold catalog. The purpose of the cards is to assist students with ideas for their SAEs. There are 360 SAE ideas in nine different focus areas that can be downloaded or used online.
These videos highlight diverse SAE projects and give teachers a resource when teaching about SAEs.
- One video is featured on My Journey on the Explore webpage with an accompanying lesson plan every month.
These documents help teachers validate FFA activities by showing how the activities align to national educational standards.
- Examples of activities aligned to educational standards are National FFA Convention & Expo, 212°/360° and WLC conferences, banquet planning, chapter officer meetings, etc.
This teaching resource follows the content in
FFA New Horizons magazine. The teaching guide is released quarterly with each new issue of the magazine.
These turn-key resources help teach the content of career/leadership development events in the classroom at the basic level. (Please note: This is not a “how to” win the national contest).
- Floriculture is the first complete resource. Others will be added as they are developed.
The revised and updated student handbook (16th edition) is now available in both English and Spanish. An advisor’s guide, complete with lesson plans and videos, is online.
- English version available on Shop FFA.
- Spanish version available online.
These videos give students insight into various careers within the industry of agriculture.
An online learning environment designed to enhance understanding of agricultural education through interactive modules. The modules are designed around the seven keys of local program success, which includes FFA, instruction, SAE, program planning, partnerships, marketing, and professionalism. (Modules will be released one at a time starting with FFA).