In today's global economy, farming is an exciting, fast-paced, and high-tech career. The New Century Farmer conference helps students develop their careers in production agriculture by providing them with an opportunity to advance their:
- Entrepreneurial leadership
- Practical Knowledge
- Global Perspective
- Continuous Personal Growth
The 2013 New Century Farmer Conference will be held July 13-19 in Des Moines, Iowa.
How to Apply
New Century Farmer is an exclusive, highly competitive program.
Apply now: 2014 New Century Farmer Application
During the intensive five-day conference in Des Moines, Iowa, participants will network with industry experts, presenters and each other. They will attend a series of workshops and sessions discussing topics ranging from the global marketplace to farm financing, consumer trends and managing risk.
The participants will:
- Discover how producers can profit from value-added products and the use of technology.
- Explore new farm business opportunities and develop new business alliances with other producers.
- Study behavioral changes that enable young producers to overcome common challenges they will face.
- Grow personally and professionally.
- Establish a network with a select group of business professionals excited about production agriculture.
- Gain an understanding of how banks view your operation.
- Create a vision statement for your operation.
It's not all work though. The New Century Farmers also:
- Participate in a leadership/team building ropes course.
- Take part in field and operation tours.
- Burn some energy at an indoor sports complex.
- Tour the Pioneer campus.
- Enjoy a banquet at the Meredith building, home of Successful Farming.
This conference is sponsored by DuPont Pioneer, Case IH, CSX Corporation, and Farm Credit with media partner Successful Farming, as a special project of the National FFA Foundation.