Children's Online Privacy Protection (COPPA)
Parental Consent Process
- FFA advisors will provide a copy of the
COPPA Parental Consent form to the parents of all students under the age of 13.
- The student’s parent(s) or guardian(s) will sign the completed form and return it to the FFA advisor.
- The FFA advisor will send the form(s) to the Membership Department at the National FFA Organization (toll-free fax: 888-332-3282, email:
firstname.lastname@example.org, hardcopy mail: “Attn: Membership”).
- Once received, the Membership Department will notify the local advisor via email that the form for specific students has been received. The notification will list the name of each student for whom a completed form has been received.
- The FFA advisor may then begin the roster and Agricultural Career Network invitation process for those students.
- The Membership Department will file a scanned copy of the form in a specific library that is accessible by the compliance officer and staff with membership responsibilities.