Former FFA members and interested adults are a natural resource of help and support for FFA advisors and their students. A National FFA Alumni Affiliate helps to rally the local community around agricultural education and FFA activities.
FFA Alumni Affiliates also provide a helping hand to FFA advisors in coordinating activities for the local FFA chapter.
How to start an FFA Alumni Affiliate
To charter as a National FFA Alumni Affiliate, your affiliate must:
- Have at least 10 members who have paid National FFA Alumni member dues and State FFA Alumni dues, where applicable.
- Have a written constitution and bylaws that works in harmony with the National FFA Alumni Constitutions and Bylaws. View sample local FFA Alumni bylaws.
- Have a council of elected officers.
- Complete the Application for Local Charter.
- Submit the completed Application for Local Charter, your Constitution and Bylaws, a completed membership roster to your State FFA Alumni Association.
Your State FFA Alumni Association will forward all forms and documents to the National FFA Alumni Association.
Upon receipt of all items, the National FFA Alumni Association will officially charter the new affiliate by issuing an affiliate number, a charter certificate and a scroll. Once that step has been completed state or national can grant you administrative rights in the Agricultural Career Network (AgCN) to manage your membership and affiliate online.