The Chapter FFA Degree is given to an FFA chapter’s top members.
To receive a Chapter FFA Degree, members must meet the following requirements:
- Received the Greenhand FFA Degree
- Satisfactorily completed 180 hours (or the equivalent) of systematic school instruction in agricultural education at or above the ninth grade level.
- Have an approved SAE in operation.
- Enrolled in an agriculture course
- Participated in the planning and implementation of at least three official FFA chapter activities.
- Earned and productively invested at least $150, or have worked at least 45 hours outside of scheduled class time, or a combination of the two, through their SAE.
- Have developed plans for continued growth and improvement of their SAE.
- Effectively lead a group discussion for 15 minutes.
- Demonstrated five parliamentary law procedures.
- Show progress toward achievement in FFA award programs.
- Have a satisfactory academic record.
- Submitted a written application for the Chapter FFA Degree
- Complete a minimum of 10 hours of community service activities
New Community Service Hours Requirements
For 2011, the number of community service hours required to obtain a chapter, state or American FFA degrees have increased.
Community Service Defined
Contact your FFA advisor for more information about the Chapter FFA Degree.