FFA Hunger Heroes Challenge
The FFA Hunger Heroes Challenge encourages chapters to help FFA donate 3.5 million meals to local communities before the 2016 national convention and expo. After each hunger service event, chapters report impacts and share their story to inspire others to take action and be eligible for a cash drawing. In addition, the state with the highest percentage of chapters who have reported impacts by
September 16, 2016 will win a truckload of protein to from Tyson be donated to a state-wide Feeding America food bank.
The fourth quarter FFA Hunger Heroes Challenge Mini-Grant is now closed. Award announcements will be made the week of September 19, 2016. Every applicant will receive an email, regardless of the funding decision. Thank you for your interest in fighting hunger in your community!
FFA Hunger Heroes Challenge Mini-Grants
The FFA Hunger Heroes Challenge Mini-Grant is a competitive grant available throughout the year to increase hunger fighting activities at the local and state level. Who can apply:
2016 Application Due Dates
- Any middle school, high school, collegiate or Alumni FFA chapter who are NOT currently funded through the FFA: Food For All program may apply for up to $500 to support a local hunger service event (project).
- Any state FFA association or foundation who is NOT currently operating an FFA State Hunger Grant may apply for funds up to $1,000 to support a state-level hunger service event.
- Applications will be accepted until funds for the year are exhausted.
- Chapters and state associations may receive two (2) mini-grants in a calendar year.
- Mini-grant application guidance
- How do we calculate meals? Check out our
Meal Math Calculator!
All applications are due electronically. No hard copies will be accepted.
Application Due Date||
Award Notifications By|
|June 30th||Week of July 18-22|
|August 29th||Week of September 19-23|
Check out who has already been awarded a grant
SEE IT – Empower yourself with KNOWLEDGE!
- Research hunger in your community.
- Decide how your chapter, state or company can help.
SOLVE IT – Lead your team into ACTION!
- Create and carry out a service plan to fight hunger.
- Complete multiple projects before the 2016 National FFA Convention & Expo.
SHARE IT – Share your story to INSPIRE others!
- Report impacts below after each service event and be eligible for the following:
Chapters- will be entered into a random drawing for $150 or 25 Hunger Heroes t-shirts during the month they submit!
Alumni- will be entered into a random quarterly drawing for $200!
States- may apply for a $1,000 rolling grant to host a one-time, state-wide hunger service project!
Sponsors- will compete for a quarterly sponsor media highlight!
Hunger Heroes Challenge Video