As an 8th grade FFA member Andrea Stevenson started working at a tree farm. Through High School and College her work included complete landscape installation and maintenace. Andrea attended Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College (ABAC) in Tifton, GA majoring in Turfgrass Management.
Afterwards, Andrea began a career with Greenery Productions, in Orlando, an Interior Plant Scaping Company where she serves as a Supervisor/Trainer. Andrea’s team provides various businesses such as, Hospitals, Resorts and Residentials with interior foliage plants and then maintains their plant material to keep their asthetic look. Other services include short term plant rentals, Commercial Sets, Holiday Decor and Weddings.
Andrea’s FFA Alumni Experience:
- Currently Serves as Florida District VII Director
- National Alumni Development Conference-3 years
- National Alumni Convention-1 year
- Florida's Alumni Member of the Year-2010
- Co-started the Florida FFA Alumni Retreat-2010
- Started Florida's and Orange County’s Alumni Facebook Page
- Currently serves as Orange County’s Alumni Secretary
- Attended and participated in Florida's State Convention and Alumni Auction
- Assisted with planning of the 2001 SLC Conference held in Florida
- Assisted with Orange County's Alumni Kickball Tournament for 14 FFA Chapters
- Planned and held leadership classes for all of Orange County's Chapter FFA Officers
- Participated in Orange County FFA Alumni's Golf Tournament
- Organized and participated in food sales at Cracker Christmas as an Orange County fundraiser.
- Developed an Orange County Alumni Scholarship Program for FFA Members.
- Participated in Orange County’s 1st AG Fest with Alumni selling refreshments.
Andrea’s FFA Activities and Awards:
- Florida State Vice-President
- Received American FFA Degree
- Attended National FFA Convention-6 years
- Attended Washington Conference Program
- State Winner "Agriculture Production" Proficiency
- Prepared Public Speaking State Finalist
- Parlimentary Procedure State Finalist
- District and Federation President
- Outstanding District Officer
- State Winning Vegetable Judging Team
- Meats Judging
- Market Lamb Exhibitor
Andrea’s Outstanding Achievements and Community Activities:
- Former Membership and Newsletter Chairperson for the Florida CattleWomen
- Nationally Certified Landscape Technician through PLANET
- Member of the Florida Nurseryman Grower's Association
- Former President and Vice-President of the Orange County CattleWomen