Important tax exemption details for FFA advisors

  • Print this page

  • Tell A friend

You may be asking the question: Will I be eligible for tax exemption at the 86th National FFA Convention & Expo in Louisville?

The answer: yes and no.

If you are tax exempt in your home state and are staying in a hotel located in Kentucky, you can be eligible for tax exemption.

There are 24 states covered under a streamline agreement. Those states are: Arkansas, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, North Carolina, North Dakota, Nebraska, New Jersey, Nevada, Ohio, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Washington, Wisconsin, West Virginia and Wyoming. You’ll need to complete this form and take it to your hotel located in Kentucky.

Those states not listed above should fill out form 51A125 (Application for Purchase Exemption Sales and Use Tax) and send it in with a copy of your state tax form to get exemption.

If you have any questions, contact Roy Smallwood, Kentucky Department of Revenue, 502-564-9098 or

If you are staying in a property located in Indiana, you will not be tax exempt. Negotiated rates with Indiana hotels already reflect a savings to absorb the percentage of taxes being paid.