Global Education Lab website As a part of two USDA Higher Education Challenge Grants, faculty from the University of Florida, Texas A&M University, the University of Georgia, and North Carolina State University have created Reusable Learning Objects curricula materials that examine food, agriculture, and natural resource issues in Latin America and the Caribbean.
The materials are available here: http://globaleducationlab.org/education.shtml.
AgroWorld® is a bimonthly e-zine that has been developed for secondary educators and their students. Each issue features current events, classroom resources, activities, and grant opportunities that enhance standards based on science, applied technology, and social studies curricula. Select https://utah.agclassroom.org/mass_email/agroworld.cfm to subscribe.
Calling all teachers of agricultural science! You could win $5,000 for your classroom and an expenses-paid trip to Boston in 2014 by applying for the new DuPont Pioneer Excellence in Agricultural Science Education Award. As the winner you will also receive mentoring with a DuPont Pioneer scientist, classroom resources from DuPont Pioneer, and access to a DuPont Pioneer product plant or research facility. To apply, visit http://nsta.org/awards.
Apps, apps, and more apps
- Dropbox — document sharing across platforms, free
- Flashcards — free
- EDucreations — draw, photo, video app, free
- Fotopedia Reporter — create photo stories that link the photo to Wikipedia or your own writing, free
- Apps for High School — grouping of core subject apps to help students, free but some actual apps cost
- SAT Up — test prep, free
- NatureTap — plant and animal id, free
- iResponse Pro — turn ISO devices into instant response machines, $4.99
- NG World Atlas — $1.99
- World Factbook for ipad — $1.99
- DIYnano HD — STEM activities made easy, free
- Cell and Cell Structure, $2.99