No Purchase Necessary to Enter Contest
2013 National FFA Convention Tee Design Contest Rules
- Designs and/or design concepts must be created by FFA chapters and/or FFA members and carry the letters “FFA” or the FFA emblem and feature the 86th National FFA Convention and Expo.
- A chapter may submit up to five designs; however, only one winning design per chapter.
- All design entries must be original concepts. Do not use established trademarks, trademarked designs or copyright phrases such as “So God Made a Farmer” or “Year of the Farmer” or parodies of established marks such as “FFA Built Tough.” If there is any question regarding the originality of a design, phrase or concept, please check it out at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office website: http://www.uspto.gov/. If you have further questions, please contact Lisa Barger at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FFA will not consider designs that feature:
The design area is not limited to the front of the T-shirt; designs can be placed on the front, back and/or sleeves of the T-shirt.
Designs may be used on any style of T-shirt including short sleeve, long sleeve, V-neck or girly-cut.
Do not use Internet design companies to create and submit your entry. Online design companies make their money selling T-shirts, and once you have created a design on their site, the copyright belongs to them. This would prohibit FFA from reproducing and selling the T-shirt should it be selected as a winner.
Entries can be submitted as original art, screened or printed T-shirt, PDF, JPG, and/or PNG.
The deadline for submitting entries for the 2013 National FFA Chapter Tee Design Contest is Tuesday, Aug. 20, 2013, 5 p.m. EST.
All convention tee design entries must be submitted to the National FFA Center via one of the following methods by Aug. 20, 2013, at 5 p.m. EST.
- Tobacco, firearms, alcohol, profanity, rebel flags and/or sexual connotations.
- Gross distortions of the FFA emblem.
- Existing registered trademarks or trademark designs, phrases or slogans.
Designs submitted via email to email@example.com in the form of a PDF, JPG or PNG must not exceed 8 MB in size.
Designs submitted as artwork on paper or actual printed T-shirts should be sent to:
- E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (see #11).
- Postal Service to arrive no later than Aug. 20, 2013 (see #12 for address).
- UPS or FedEx to arrive no later than Aug. 20, 2013 (see #12 for address).
National FFA Organization
Attn: Lisa Barger
6060 FFA Drive
Indianapolis, IN 46278
Design entries will not be returned to the chapters.
The National FFA staff will select 12 T-shirt designs from all qualifying designs received by Aug. 20, 2013, at 5 p.m. EST. The 12 finalists will be posted to Shop FFA on Aug. 29, so members and supporters can vote for their favorite six T-shirt designs via Facebook and Twitter.
Voting/tweeting begins on Thursday, Aug. 29, 2013 and ends on Tuesday, Sept. 3, 2013, at 5 p.m. EST.
The six T-shirt designs receiving the most votes/tweets by Tuesday, Sept. 3, 2013, at 5 p.m. EST will be determined to be the winners. All results are final.
Winning FFA chapters will be notified on Sept. 4, 2013.
The chapters with the final winning designs selected for the 86th National FFA Convention and Expo will receive one (1) dozen shirts of their winning entry and their names will be posted on FFA.org.
If you have questions, please contact Lisa Barger:
Email — email@example.com
Telephone — 317-802-4230
Fax — 317-802-5230